Sunday, April 22, 2012

Chicken noodle soup




Nothing makes me feel better than chicken noodle soup. My tummy wasn't feeling great and there was a girl in my class who had been sick for a few weeks, so I thought some chicken noodle soup would make everybody feel better. Since leaving for PT school, I have been working on perfecting my soup essentially from scratch....aka everything but the noddles. I don't use a recipe, I just add what I have and what I think will make it taste good. I started this one with 3 carrots, 3 ribs of celery, half of a med/large onion, and 3 cloves of garlic. Sauteed them for a few in EVOO with some celery salt, pepper, and a little more garlic powder. Then i added about 6 cups of water and my chicken. 3 whole breasts and 2 chunks of chicken that were mostly bone and gristle for flavor. I boiled this for about an hour and a half. Along the way I removed the oil that accumulated at the top. After the chicken was all cooked, I removed it all, cut up the breasts and returned them. I then added the noodles to the broth with the chicken and veggies. Cooked them all till the noodles were tender and then consumed. Of course I tweaked the salt content though out the way, adding more celery salt and a few dashes of soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment