Thursday, August 23, 2012

MMM Queso

Hi everybody! 

Every time I want to write that I always here in my head "Hi Dr. Nick" from the Simpsons. I used to love that show. Key player in my childhood lol. 

So any-who queso, I love salsa con queso, queso dip, cheese dip, what every you want to call it. It is melty cheesy goodness in a jar. This time it was melty cheesy goodness over my chicken! MMMMM. My mom had bought me some cebollitas, I had half of a jar of queso, chicken, and thought why not throw some potatoes into that mix and boom dinner! So that is just what I did.

I started by making an adobo seasoning mix from this recipe. I made enough for two servings.
 Then I seasoned my chicken with juice from a lime (a very dry lime unfortunately), garlic powder, seasoned salt, paprika, and chili powder. Into the oven it went at 400.
 I seasoned the cebollitas with the adobo, oil (too much for my liking I discovered later), and a little extra salt and garlic powder. These went in for probably around 20mins, until the bulb was tender. Also unfortunately the greens got a little too crispy :(.
 The potatoes I tossed with the rest of the adobo and a little oil. Put in the oven until tender and a little crispy.
 See the ends were a little too crispy. This is supposed to be done on a grill, with much better results.
 Once I took the chicken out, I poured the cheese over it and let it sit while the potatoes finished cooking. It was delish!
So that was my impromptu dinner. I was originally going to have some soup from my grandma. But this was almost as good ;)

What is your favorite cheese meal?

Happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment