Thursday, August 16, 2012

Curried tomato bisque

Hi everybody!

So for those of you who really know me, you know I have a strong dislike for tomatoes. I really really want to like them, I just haven't gotten there yet. I do like cooked tomatoes (IE spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, chili, ...), but I normally am not a huge fan of tomato soup...until now. This was seriously the easiest and best tomato soup or well bisque I have ever had to pleasure to consume. 

My mom found this recipe in a magazine and had been wanting to make it for a while. I had already wanted to make soup for dinner since the BF was coming over to watch a movie and hand out. This was not what I was planning in my head for the type of soup to make, but I am very glad I did.  

Here are the ingredients-
Small onion (chopped)
Two cloves garlic (crushed)
28os can whole tomatoes
Salt and pepper
2tsp curry powder
1/2 cup water
1tbsp EVOO
Splash of cream (optional)

 Here is the recipe.
 Saute the garlic and onion in oil with salt and pepper.
 Toss in curry powder and heat till fragrant (the actual recipe called for 1tsp, but you couldn't taste the curry enough so I upped it to 2tsp)
 Once fragrant, add in tomatoes with the juice from can and water. Bring to a boil.
 Remove from heat.
 Transfer bisque to blender
 Puree. I added a splash or two of half and half. Totally optional. We had some left over naan bread. So we smeared it with EVOO, added garlic powder, fresh mini basil, and fresh mozzarella. Baked until melty.
This was seriously amazing. So easy, the soup prob took about 10mins to make. Great for a cool winter day! 

How do you like your tomatoes?

Happy eatings,
Smashley

2 comments:

  1. Yum, great way to fancify your tomato soup! You should try it with real tomatoes and write up a post, I would try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Def do, it was so easy and tasty. One of the best tomato soup recipes i have ever had.

    ReplyDelete