Thursday, August 9, 2012

Leftovers re-vamped

Howdy all!

I don't know about you, but sometimes leftovers can be so blah. So why not make something new with them and make them ten times better? So that is what I did. We had some shish kabob and my mom and I needed a full dinner. So I got creative with some pasta and kabob. 

I sauteed some onion and garlic in EVOO with salt and pepper. Then I added in the kabob and some fresh cherry tomatoes cut in half and let them cook. Once everything was warm I added some white wine and a splash of half and half.  Finally at the end added in some fresh chopped rosemary, basil, and thyme. Before serving I  tossed in some spaghetti and cooked for a couple more minutes.  Whilst I was cooking, my mom made some garlic bread with crusty bread, butter, and chopped garlic. Every thing was great and pretty ;), except the cut of meat wasn't the best and was really tough...(some pieces were almost inedible lol).

What do you do in a pinch for dinner?

Happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment