Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fancy grilled cheese

Hello everyone,

Grilled cheese sandwiches are a great way to get rid of left overs (so is its Mexican cousins the quesadilla). Just about anything goes, I have heard of sandwiches with jelly, any kind of cheese, fruits, meat, just about anything. Like a blank canvas.  My lunch today came to me during my sun session. I was soaking up some sun this morning and saw our nice and big rosemary bush which made me think of our out of control basil plant around the corner. I couldn't help but want something with the fresh herbs. So I contemplated what to make. I knew we had some smoked, beer-can chicken my parents made this weekend. Originally I was thinking a salad, but then thought of the smoked horseradish cheddar cheese we had gotten in Wisconsin and the crusty bread on the counter. Light bulb! In a stroke of genius I thought of  this sandwich. 

The sandwich contains the crusty bread (buttered of course), a smear of horseradish brown mustard, the smoked horseradish cheddar, some regular cheddar, smoked chicken, and some freshly chopped rosemary and basil. It was a little messy to make, but super tasty. I made one of me and one for my dad. My dad's turned out nicer because I used two spatulas to flip and started at a lower heat to help melt the cheese a little. Next time I would use a George Foreman grill to get a more even toasting and less of a hassle flipping the sammy.

What is your fav grilled cheese?
Happy eating y'all!
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment