Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chocolate covered candied tangerines

Bonjour!

This was another thing I made for the menfolk I mentioned in the last post. Unfortunatley I didn't make more, my mom has been stealing some of my dad's. She has even gone as far as saying that these might even rival Fanny Mae's or Albanese chocolate covered orange peels. They were my opa's favorite and are my mom's favorite chocolate treat. These might have to make a recurrence in March for my mom's birthday. They were a little time consuming at first, but totally worth it. If you think you might have too many tangerines, add a couple more Yes you will have tons of slices, but trust me you will want tons of these. 


 The ingredients and recipe couldn't be easy enough. Tangerines, and equal parts sugar and water.
 Slice the tangerines into thin segments.
 Bring the water and sugar to a boil and add the tangerines.
 Boil the tangerines for 30 minutes and then remove from heat for 10 minutes. Return to the stove and simmer until the slices are translucent.

 Remove the slices from the syrup and place on racks to dry. An oven can be used on low heat to speed the process.
 SAVE THE LIQUID!! It is super yummy.

 Then I placed all of the slices in a bad and tossed them in sugar and then dipped half of the slice in melted semi-sweet chocolate.
 I put the chocolate covered slices in the garage to help harden the chocolate.

These make great gifts or just a fab desert by themselves. I strongly recommend you make these.


Any special goodies you make for the holidays?

Happy eatings,
Smashley








No comments:

Post a Comment