Monday, March 11, 2013

For the love of pork!

Hello friends!

So I must apologize for being a horrible blogger. Not only has it been over 2 months since my last update, but I also missed the blog's birthday! I am horrible. But to make up for that I have a wonderful carnitas post. I am sure I have professed my love for all things pig before, but seriously I have a problem. Dating a Mexican hasn't helped either. He just had to go and introduce me to carnitas...real carnitas. Heaven! So when the local grocery store had pork butt on sale dirt cheep and my roomie got 6lbs worth, I decided I had to make carnitas. SOOO unbelievably easy.  

So what you need is about 3lb pork butt (I am sure should would work too), couple table spoons of black pepper, chili powder, oregano, a table spoon of cumin and garlic. the recipe I used didn't say to use and I just couldn't have that.



 Add all the ingredients to the pot and cover with water.
 Cover the pot and simmer for 3hours
 After the three hours are up, uncover and boil until the liquid is gone.
 Remove from the pot and I would recommend drain or pat with paper towel.
 Enjoy with cilantro and onion on tortilla (corn is better than flour, but all I had was flour) quac and frijoles are also good sides :)
I hope you enjoy!
Happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment