Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pork Roast

Hello again!

I am not sure if I have made a mention to this before or not, but I have a love of all things pig. Bacon, pork rinds, chicharones, ham, and any other pork product. So I was quite excited when my mom gave me a nice pork tenderloin. It turned out well, however there are times when I am already sick of the food I cooked by the time it is done cooking. I really hate it when that happens. I can't remember exactly where I got the recipe from. It was either from punchfork or pintrest. 

 So I started by slicing the garlic nice and thin. I cut little thin slits in the meet to insert said garlic slivers.
 Then put the meat into the pan lined with foil..why foil you ask? Because I am a lazy grad student who doesn't want to do more dishes than I have to ;)
 All of the non vegetable ingredients were then mixed to form the sauce/marinade/basting liquid and poured over the meet.
 Then I added some carrots and potatoes just for good sake.
 Baked at temperature and time I do not remember...I think 350 for about 2 hours but don't quote me on that.
 Added a fresh salad and presto dinner.
By the way, I have decided that I will no longer be using store bought salad dressings. It is so easy to make yummy dressings with good olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice. It costs the same or less and is so much healthier. No preservatives, added salt, or any other nastiest. 

With that said, happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment