Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas presents for the hounds

Hello y'all,

Okay, so I know I said I was gonna post a whole bunch a while ago..and honestly I have no excuse. I got lazy and then had to leave to go back to school. Now I am back in the normal routine. I still have a few posts to do from all of my holiday cooking. This one was a definite hit with canine and human kind alike. Don't judge me, I had to try one...or a few. They are made with people food and taste like cheese-its. If you didn't tell anyone they were made for dogs you would think they were cheese crackers. I got the recipe here

 So the ingredients required were oats, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, EVOO, unsweeted apple sauce, and water. I needed much more water that they said because mine was not forming a dough. I also used all purpose flour because there were some recipients who are basically allergic to everything under the sun.  Note my special little helper...don't let her looks food you...she is EVIL!

I mixed everything and rolled out the dough. Because of the holiday spirit I used a cute little snowflake cookie cutter.
 
 Baked for about 30mins and left in the oven while the oven cooled. Bagged and delivered. Quite a hit with the canines. They loved them (so I am told)
Do you make presents for your pets?

Happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment