Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Basil shrimp pasta

Hello once again,

I had to get creative for this dinner because during finals week no one wants to waste time that could be used for studying (or other forms of procrastinating) and finals marks going home. I don't want to haul home more food than I have too. My roommate had brought home a ton of basil that needed to be using and I had a bunch of shrimp left from the crab boil a few posts ago. Turned out really good, but really rich. I could only eat so much. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Sometimes I forget to take pictures.
 
I boiled the pasta and let it sit. In another pan I sauteed the shrimp with olive oil, white wine, garlic and old bay spice. When the shrimp was just about cooked I added the Parmesan cheese and basil. I then decided I needed some veggies and added some frozen veggies to add some color. To finish the dish, I added some flour mixed in milk to thicken it up a bit. Ta da!

What is your quick pasta fix when you are hungry?

Happy eatings,

Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment