Thursday, January 10, 2013

Spiced Nuts

Hide-ho their neighborino,

I always have a hard time coming up with things to make for the male people in my life, such as my dad, my uncle Tim, my boyfriend's dad, and my aunt's boyfriends. I tend to hand make a lot of things right now due to my limited funds being in grad school and all, and the things I make tend to be a little girly. So You can never go wrong with nuts....unless someone is allergic then you are just being a jerk.  I had made one recipe before and it turned out fabulous. This was a different recipe that was really good, but I had to add some extra of the heat because it was lacking in spicy department. The recipe for the nuts can be found here.


.
 I was lucky to get a 1lb bag of mixed nuts at Meijer for cheap instead of the pecans alone. I have 4 lbs here. I did not use as much salt as they said because I did not realize the nuts were pre-salted.
I also could have taken the nuts out a little sooner than they said. Some of the nuts got a little burnt. surprisingly the hazelnuts tasted really good with the savory seasoning. 
I got great reviews from this. I will admit I did steal a few also. They were pretty yummy, but I think I liked the other recipe I made for father's day better. 

Do you have a go to nut recipe?

Happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment