Friday, September 14, 2012

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins

Good evening everybody!

So I totally wanted to bite into a fattening-ly delicious cupcakes from GiGi's right around the corner from me. They are sinfully good. Well, I have been trying to be more health, So I found something else instead. Can you say YUM! I used this recipe. It was fairly easy (except I would recommend making sure you are using a 1/2 tsp and not a 1/2 tbsp). Yeah I made a few mistakes...but they turned out ok. Good thing I realized and took out some of the salt and baking soda. That was a close call. 

These muffins have three components. The pumpkin muffin, a cheese cake layer, and a streusel layer. Over all it was fairly healthy and I have enough pumpkin left over to have a pumpkin breakfast shake tomorrow :).  

Here is the grouping of ingredients (I used 1/3fat cream cheese from Aldi)
This is the cheese cake batter
 Streusle topping- I later added more butter because this was one of the steps that I used the 1/2TBSP instead of 1/2tsp.

 Filling the tins with the filling.
The recipe made 24 muffins, but not enough cheese cake topping. Thankfully from my faux pas I had extra streusel. 
 Final product with a missing bite.
Quite tasty!!! I really liked it and the roomie agreed. Def a keeper recipe! Enjoy!

What is your favorite thing to do with pumpkin?
Happy eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment