Saturday, July 14, 2012

Minnesota fun: Pudgie pies and crab boil.

Hello all!! I just got back from an awesome 5 day trip to northern Minnesota, West Two campground to be precise. I haven't been up there in years, and boy have I missed it. My BF got to go for the first time and caught his first northern ( a nice 26"!!). My uncle even taught him how to fillet it. 

In family tradition of sorts, you can't go camping without at least making one pudgie pie. For those who do not know what a pudgie pie is, it is two slices of white bread with pie filling in the middle that is toasted in a metal pie contraption in the fire. They are indulgent HEAVEN!!! As I learned from my family, one of my cousins has been experimenting with just about anything...I can't wait to try to make pizza in it. So this trip I made one with cherry pie filling and a couple of marshmallows. SO GOOD! My B.F.'s was just cherry pie filling...still all the yummy.


 The last photo was of a crab boil a group of locals invited us to. they were in the site next to us and came over asking if they were going to be to loud and what time my parents were planning on going to bed. They said they were having the boil and for us to come down and join them....so we did lol. They had king crab, snow crab, craw dads, shrimp, scallops, octopus, and the veggies. It was soooo good. I want to do another so bad. One of the best trips EVER!!!

So that is all for my MN vaca. What is your fav camping food?? In upcoming entries I will be recaping a few meals we have made in the past month or so including strawberry pie, mango salsa, and other goodies. 

Happy eating Y'all!!
Smashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment