Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cooking with my Oma

Guten Tag!! 

Today was my first installment of learning some of my grandmother's cooking. My mother's side is all German, so we made some German food. I learned how to make  her red cabbage and pfannkuchen (crepes). Good old German comfort food <3 
 Starting my red cabbage (next time I was told I have to cook the bacon then add the onions)

 Added the cabbage and seasoning


 After cooking down. YUM! we used a little too much vinegar and I needed to chop/fry my bacon a little more.

This was the begining of the pfannkuchen, all mixed and runny
  
One of my first to fry- a lot easier to cook than what I thought

 My plate full!!! not too bad for my first time :)

My next visit I will make her kartoffelsalat (potato salad). YUM! 

What is your fav comfort food you grew up on?

Prost!
Smashley

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! Looking forward to the Potato Salad post, would love even more to sample it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Come down and you can ;) lol.

    ReplyDelete