Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SOUP!!!

I went from from grad school last week and cooked my parents dinner. I was inspired by some Thai ingredients I had bought at a local international market and Vietnamese pho I tried in Chicago last summer. The soup was a semi-home made stock...I didn't have enough chicken to make strong enough stock so I had to add two bullion cubes to the pot of 11 cups. I sauteed some garlic, 2 fresh Thai red chilies, onion, and lemon grass  in some sesame oil (def need a little more next time). I used three chicken thighs, a couple of dashes of soy sauce and fish sauce,  and plenty of ginger in the stock. The stock was pretty tasty at this point, but made like 10 times better with the addition of a can of coconut milk. After taking the meat off the chicken and returning the soup to a biol, I added chopped shitake mushrooms and some green similar to Bok choy. The plate in the middle had lime, bean sprouts, cilantro, and Thai basil. All in all, a pretty darn good soup for no recipe and all imagination. Guten A petite.

No comments:

Post a Comment