Saturday, November 10, 2012

Birthday Seafood Extravaganza

Happy November 10th!!

This is definitely my favorite day of the year, but I might be a little biased. Today is the 25th anniversary of my existence (aka my birthday). So in honor of my quarter of a century and Dave coming to visit, I thought we should have an EPIC seafood feast with cupcakes for dessert and Blue Moon mango margaritas. Food coma for sure. I am so stuffed.


 First course was lobster tails, garlic sauteed green beans, and bacon wrapped scallops. Also the margaritas were pretty awesome. The lobsters were broiled and butter poured over them. The scallops were also broiled for about 25 minutes. The margarita recipe I found here.The only difference was that I used Malibu Red. It is a combo of rum, tequila, and coconut liquor. So good and worth every penny.  It is surprisingly smooth and could easily sneak up on you.
 Second course was a sea food boil. Crab, mussels, and shrimp. I boiled it with old bay spice, celery, carrots,  white vinegar, and a few splashes of white wine. This was wonderful. I used the old bay garlic and herb. Both of us agreed it was better than Joe's Crab Shack.
We finished off our dinner with Gigi's cupcakes. His was midnight magic and mine was chocolate hazelnut (filled with Nutella!!) So rich we could only eat half. One of the best birthday dinners ever!!!! So good! Worth all of the money and time.

What is your dream birthday meal?

Happy Eatings,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment