Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pierogi Fest 2012!!!!!!!!

Where do I begin?!?!?! My friend/mom's co-worker DB had this brilliant idea to have a pierogi party. She has a family recipe from her husband's grandma...which I am now also in possession of MUWAHAHAHAHAHA insert evil pierogi loving laugh here). This was a very labor intensive process. There was supposed to be enough doe to make 150, but we made ours a little thick..trial by fire. Honestly the best pierogis I have ever eaten. If you have the time, homemade is the way to go. 

DB made the traditional potato and onion filling and my mom made both prune and a sweet cheese filling. All three were wonderful and fab. 

Helpful hints if you were to have your own pierogi fest that we learned the hard way:
1- Bring plenty of friends who are willing to do work.
2- Make stations!! such as dough rolling, dough cutting, filling, crimping, boiling, and if desired a   
frying station. It makes a difference!!
3- If you think the dough is thin enough, best to go a little thinner...that is why we had no where near 150.
 Rick-ford the supervisor...he got a little inappropriate later that evening.
 Filled with potato filling
 The filler- adding the potato filling
 The roller who took over after me
 Potato filling
 Below the cheese and prune filling
 
 Boiling them

 Cooling bath

But seriously....BEST. PIEROGIS. EVER!!!!

QOTP-
What fillings would you put into your pierogi??? / How do you spell pierogi because apparently there are tons of ways to spell pierogi.

Next post-
Tonight I will be attending a Cinco De Mayo fiesta/ 18th B-day party for my friend's younger brother (kinda my friend too). MY Mexican and I made Horchata to add rum to to make Rum Chata. We already made the horchata, not to shabby for a white girl if you ask me.

Happy eating,
Ashley Klakoski

2 comments:

  1. Smashley: Lovely post! I talked to the cousin and she said that after you roll them out and cut them you need to roll the circles out a little more. I suppose it would have been helpful to talk to her prior to the fest! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA probably! but it was a fun learning process, and an even better eating process lol

      Delete