Monday, May 7, 2012

Horchata- a little slice (or glass) of heaven

My boyfriend is Mexican, and thanks to him my stomach has been opened up to a whole new culture of gastric delights. Horchata is an amazing drink that tastes basically like liquid rice pudding. It is so good. Then I tried it with rum...even better. This is so easy to make, just takes a little while (Lots of soaking involved). We first made this on Saturday for the Cinco de Mayo party, but we never took any pictures. Today I made more...now I have almost too much...except there is no such thing as too much horchata lol.  I got the recipe from here.

As a side note, when it is combined with rum it is extremely dangerous. the wonderful flavor of the horchata hides the taste of alcohol almost too well. So, if you do decide to make this and add rum, please be safe :).

Making the rice paste^
 The ingredients of the rice paste^
 Rice paste in the water, taking a nice long soak
 The tedious process of straining all of the liquid.
QOTP- What if your favorite drink/cocktail?

Happy eating,
Smashley

No comments:

Post a Comment