Sunday, November 24, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie

Hi all!

As I said in the last post, I haven't forgotten about the blog-o-sphere. I am nearing the end of this crazy semester, so hopefully more time to post in the up coming months. So I made this chicken pot pie a while ago with some left over chicken. The chicken was a whole chicken made in the crock pot. If you have never tried this...my friend you are missing out. So easy. Here is a link to an amazing and super easy recipe. My only tweak was when it was fully cooked, I took the chicken out of the crock pot and put it under the broiler to crisp up the skin. YUM! 

On a side note, don't forget to check out my etsy store, click here.
 So the ingredients-
About 2 chicken breasts
2Tbsp flour (to thicken sauce)
About 1 3/4 cup  chicken broth (I used about 1C broth and 3/4C drippings from the crock pot)
1bag frozen veggies
1/2tsp dried thyme, sea salt, and black pepper (more or less depending on your tastes. Other herbs can be used depending on what you have. Play with it.)
2 store bought pie crusts (or home made...I was too lazy)
 Put crust in pan
 Add chicken /\ and veggies \/
 Mix the flour, seasonings, and broth
 Pour into the pie. There were still some flour chunks, and they disappeared, so no worries if you can't get yours completely smooth.
 Cover and with second crust and crimp.
 Bake at around 375* until cooked through (it took around 1 1/2 - 1 3/4hrs) I do recommend covering the edges so the crust doesn't burn.

 Cut and enjoy. Be careful of the steam, very hot.
Last but not least- ENJOY! The sauce did later thicken. The first night it was soupy, but the rest of the servings were not as liquidy.

Well, that is all I have for now. Hope you enjoy!

Happy eatings!

Smashley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment